Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Not Ready Yet

They are practicing a song from "Toy Story" for their preschool graduation.

Heaven help me, I don't even know what song that is, but it's making me teary already.

Just like my mom and the usual graduation processional song. Or the Wedding March. Both of which we've teased her about. In fact, we sang "Pomp and Circumstance" to Gommie for months before I graduated from high school. And she was pretty immune to it. And then they played a montage from my favorite musical, "Phantom of the Opera." I guess there's no avoiding tears at graduation.

But my mom was lucky. I can't even try to prepare myself because the kids said they won't sing the special song for me until graduation. So if any of you know what song it might be, please let me know.

And please, please, please let it not be that "I Believe I Can Fly" song.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't ready yet either, go on over to my Sunday post to see why. I'm telling you, this parenting stuff is so, so bittersweet. Hang in there....I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete