Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Today

Sis is sick: barky cough. Which means, not 3 weeks after her last ear infection, we'll be watching for more fever, more earaches. It also means no school for her today. And a trip to at least one doctor--and if they find a thing, we're going back to the ENT. Enough is enough.

Bud is miserable. Not only is he going to school alone, but Sis has a fairy silly band from a friend and he doesn't. (These are the in thing now: brightly-colored plastic bracelets in shapes like animals, fairies, dinosaurs, and letters. Style is to wear several of them at a time, just like we did with those Madonna-inspired black bracelets c. 1983.)

Oh, shit. She just accidentally broke hers. Today is just gonna suck.

Know where I can find some of those fast?

1 comment:

  1. I just saw a picture of them in the paper a few days ago. No telling what paper it was though. Could have been a week old. Wayne brings them in whenever and sometimes forgets all together. They are the new must-have, I guess. The bracelets, I mean...not old newspapers.

    Good luck. Just read your next post and see that Sis went to school. Hope you find the bracelets. I'll look through the recycle stack if I remember when I get downstairs.

    ReplyDelete