Oh, mercy, it's hot in CT today. Sun glaring, humidity high. UGH. Bud said of his sweat-soaked head, "My hair is crying!"
And so we had ice cream for lunch, straight from the convenience store! Bud had cherry Italian ice, Sis wanted Haagen Dazs chocolate, and I got coffee ice cream which I made
affogato (that's just hot coffee, usually espresso, I think, poured over ice cream, as I understand it).
I had thought of baking cookies today--oatmeal with Craisins and chocolate chips--as both a treat for our playdate and something fun and distracting to do with the kids. But, even with central AC on, I'm not turning on the oven today.
And our poor contractor, who has been replacing our old sliding patio doors and is now framing in the ignored AC pipes upstairs, is sweating bullets in what is apparently a heat index in the mid-90s. That's fine for you Texas folks, but those of us up here just aren't ready.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
¾ cup margarine/butter
1 ¾ cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cloves
3 cups oats (actually, I left this ingredient off when I transcribed it and don’t know how much exactly)
1 cup raisins (or 1/2 cup each Craisins and chocolate chips, approximately)
In a mixing bowl beat butter on medium for 30 seconds. Add about half of the flour, brown sugar, sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, and baking soda. Also cloves and cinnamon. Beat until thoroughly cominbed. Beat in remaining flour. Stir in oats and raisins.
Drop by rounded teaspoons 2” apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on wire rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment