Monday, May 10, 2010

My Garden Gnomes

Maybe I should take the National Wildlife Federation's "Be Out There" pledge--"I pledge to spend time outside, exploring, learning and playing. I will encourage the kids in my life to get outside more, too!": Sis and Bud have been outside more than four hours now. Mainly, they are pretending to collect and then plant seeds, calling any off-limits plants, like my roses, daylilies, lilac bush, hostas, azalea, pansies, petunias, and marigolds, "poison ivy." They each gathered a bucket full of "seeds," mainly a leaf or two from every bush, tree, and weed in our whole yard, which they then used garden tools to plant under the "faerie tree." They are covered in dirt from eyelids to ears to fingernails to toenails and so are in a bubbly tub . . . still playing happily with each other! For my part, I meditated some, watched a lot, made bread dough, blogged, and then prepared an apple-caramel snack. And it's already 4 p.m.! A pretty great way to spend the day . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment