Monday, May 3, 2010

Rise Up: Confession

I cannot tell a lie.

I used store-bought, refrigerated biscuit dough for the Chocolate Monkey Bread I took to the party yesterday.

I have broken my bread pledge.

But I had looked at the sweet dough recipe for making your own Monkey Bread and realized I'd have to get started hours before the party to have the dish ready on time.

And even then I couldn't be sure it would work, having never made that dough before.

Besides, the hostess had tried it before and liked the way I made it--what if it didn't turn out like that? Or was worse.

Sure, it might have been better. But did I want to risk rushing to the store on a Sunday to make a second batch of monkey bread?

Okay, excuses all.

But that's where I am. And I'm okay with it.

I just thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment