Our preschool teachers: Spoiler Alert
Sis and Bud have decided that their preschool director, who is retiring this year (though they don't know that), is "the Queen of the School!" That's about right. And so today I took them to the bookstore to select end-of-year gifts for the teachers. The kids chose four books, in sections that I selected (cooking, music, art, and gardening) plus a box of chocolate for the Queen. Which they plan to deliver tomorrow. Before that, we have to finish our scrapbook pages for the gift for the teachers. And it was hard for me not to seize artistic control. Instead, I let Sis cut out the pictures, choose exactly what I wrote, spread glitter glue all over it, and affix unusual animal stickers in random patterns. Is it as pretty as many of the others? No. But it is definitely "her." (Bud hasn't done his yet! I'm sure it will be very, er, individual, too.)
Interesting that in a republic you still want to have a queen. Same thing in France where they have a Queen of the Fete.
ReplyDelete