But today, and for the next two Saturdays, Mama is working at the office, doing off-hour IT stuff. And truly, though we're all at home sick (Mama, Sis has a temp of 102 this morning, if you get to read this) today and she'll even perhaps miss part of Applepalooza next weekend, I don't resent her job. Far from it, I'm glad she's so necessary.
Of course, she is necessary at home too. Not just for all the household chores she does but also as companion to and caretaker of the family. Though, often, we take her, all she does, for granted. Last night, I went to bed early, not feeling well, and not only did she clean the post-dinner kitchen, which is usually my job, but she made a fresh pitcher of iced tea for me today. And because she left so early today--she was already up at 5:45 when the kids needed a bathroom run--I haven't gotten to thank her for the iced tea. For everything. Hope you have a good day at work, hon. We love you. We'll see you when you come home.
No comments:
Post a Comment