Tonight was Barbecued Chicken. Which you might recall, at least I think I mentioned, that I had made a week or so ago and Bud hated it. The sauce--Honey K.C. Masterpiece--was too "spicy." Mama recommended plain ol' Kraft Honey BBQ. Which is what we tried today. I let Bud sniff it first and, when he approved, let him pour it over the chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces in the crockpot. He didn't get that it had to cook on LOW for 7-8 hours and kept asking throughout the day when it would be ready (because it smelled good all day). And he ate the whole thing for dinner.
What about Sis, you wonder? She is suspicious of sauce, of course, and so got some thighs sauteed in thin soy sauce and Maggi, with rice and veggies, like Bud. Me? I had leftover veggie soup with rice tossed in. And Mama . . . well, it's 7 p.m. and she's not home yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment