Saturday, September 19, 2009

Update from Brother Bear Country

Gommie and Pop have called a few times now from their trip to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, and the Grand Tetons, which I think they've wanted to take since they went through their Lewis and Clark phase twelve years ago inspired by the Ken Burns film (we're a family who like phases, as I'm sure you've gathered about me through this blog.). The kids have been thrilled to hear about what it's like where Kenai, Denahi, and Sitka might have lived. Today, Gommie and Pop saw a little bear eating huckleberries on the side of the road. Sis was thrilled to hear they got lots of pictures. There have been elk and bison (not just in the burgers, either, I think) and some kind of goat. They've also seen several tipi/teepees, including one listed for sale for about $800 in the local paper. Apparently, Blackfoot and Crow families often erect tipi next to their houses. Cell phone service isn't great but I gather that they went into Canada and came back, love driving through the mountains, and were heading to a few museums on Lewis and Clark as well as the artist Charles Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment