Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crafty Mommy

I have signed up for weaving classes again this fall in order to best learn how to use my new loom--I can use my own and the teacher has promised to help me learn the quirks of my "machine." I'm excited. And have asked Mama to think of what colors she'd like her scarf in . . . .

And I'm hoping to sew the pillowcases I have planned, the fabric for which I bought more than a month ago, thinking I'd get to it before school started. Oh, well. . . .

But I'll need to remember to be careful. Because I suffered a crochet injury this weekend! I was working diligently on the prayer shawl for my friend's mom, but not sitting in a good position. Which must have strained my neck! Ouch. I'm fine now, of course, but I've got to watch those craft ergonomics! Especially because I have that shawl, another, plus the pink fringe on a blanket for a good friend who had a girl last week (lucky the white part is finished, but I was waiting to be sure it was a girl!). Then it's a break until the next baby blanket in the spring . . . .

At least I've put cake decorating on hold for a bit--I can't go to the October classes because we'll be gone 3 of the 4 weekends. Maybe in November!!!

1 comment:

  1. Surely YOU do not subscribe to that old pink 4 girls and blue for boys stuff!

    ReplyDelete