-=-=-=-=-
I know the judges didn't think much of her dessert, but I want to try it.
Ricotta Pound Cake with Lime Glaze, Pineapple and Salted Banana Cream
Prep Time: one hour and 45 minutes
Serves: 5-6
Ricotta Pound Cake:
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup ricotta
Pineapple:
1 cup pineapple, diced
A pinch of sugar
Chiffonade basil to taste
Lime Glaze:
1/2 cup lime juice
Lime zest to taste
1/2 cup white balsamic
1/3 cup sugar
Ricotta Pound Cake:
Blend first three ingredients together (do not overblend). Add ricotta and gently mix in. Bake in oven until done (about 45 minutes).
Pineapple:
Saute diced pineapple with just a pinch of sugar then combine with chiffonade basil. Set aside.
Lime Glaze:
Meanwhile, reduce lime juice, lime zest and white balsamic with sugar in nonreactive pot. When done, drizzle over pound cake and top with pineapple.
Serve with a salted banana cream.
I am so glad that she won too! I loved her - she played fair and cooked some amazing food. And I am going to try that cake sometime soon. Sounds yummy to me, and it looked great on the show.
ReplyDeleteA female Top Chef - about time!
T