Thursday, September 10, 2015

Another Small Step



So, you know I like to doodle and draw, using the Zentangle method.  I've drawn on flags and porcelain statuettes, book bags and pillows, and filled sketchbooks and "tiles."   I started on my own, having seen some drawings on Pinterest, and then took a three-day workshop/retreat in February, which I loved.  I've introduced it to the kids, Gommie, and my Girl Scout troop.

And now for the next step:  I'm going to become a Certified Zentangle Teacher!  I'm so excited.  It's a four-day intensive, like a mega-retreat, in nearby Providence.  It's very pricey, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Why, you ask?  To further my practice.  To expand my opportunities to use it with hospice patients, their caregivers, and other hospice workers.  To teach it at the local community center and churches.  In fact, I've already been asked to present it at a workshop of hospice volunteers.  The "certified" part also gets me--besides intensive training--discounts and networking.

Isn't it somewhat ironic, art historian turned artist?

No comments:

Post a Comment