We'll have a wrap-up party in a couple of weeks, passing out the last of this year's badges and celebrating round the campfire as we look forward to next year--we want to help the girls earn their Bronze award.
The girls have:
- completed their aMuse journey, which included lots of drama play, discussion of discrimination, designing of superheroes, making costumes, a photo shoot;
- completed their Playing the Past badge, with our overnight trip to Old Sturbridge Village, which was a huge deal for our whole group and lots of fun;
- completed their Social Butterfly badge, with discussion of table settings, thank-you notes and etiquette;
- completed their Simple Meals badge, with a breakfast-for-dinner event, with pancakes, yogurt parfaits, and an Egg and Hashbrown Casserole they all loved;
- hosted a very successful Cookie Booth;
- participated in an Aqua Zumba class;
- baked cookies for Christmas with the seniors at the local assisted living center;
- collected items for Stockings for Soldiers at a local VA hospital;
- enjoyed a wonderful and exciting evening in the trees at the rope course, with s'mores afterwards;
- and our regular meetings with arts and crafts, games, and lots of singing.
Egg/Hash brown Breakfast Bake
1 block of cream cheese (softened)
10 frozen hash brown patties (thawed)
2-3 scallions (chopped)
1/3 lb. sliced deli ham (diced)
2 cups shredded Monterey/Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray bottom of 9x13 cookie sheet with sides or stone bar pan; crumble hash browns; press into bottom of pan. Sprinkle about ½ cup of shredded cheese onto hash browns. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until light brown. While hash browns are cooking, whisk eggs and softened cream cheese in bowl; add diced ham and scallions, salt and pepper. Once hash browns are done; reduce oven to 375 degrees, pour egg mixture onto hash browns. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until center is cooked. Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining cheese. Let cheese melt. Cut into squares. Enjoy!