- Party/activity in honor of Aunt Sis
- Go swimming at Y with friends
Meet friends at ice rink:this is actually tomorrow
Attend town festival in June/volunteer at historic house:we did this before school was even out!
- *Beach trip in city
- *Putt-putt golf
- *Baseball game
- Family book club (we're reading Menagerie and also Redwall)
Eat Dole Whip: first night of summer, we got Dole Whip and Fluffernutter sundaes!
- Make ice cream
- Go to outdoor concert
- Have a barbecue (after bricking fire pit)
- Raise butterflies
- Have a lemonade stand (cookies for cancer?)
Picnic: we had a deli picnic, but I hope to do something more sophisticated soon.
- Mario kart-athon
- Movie night
- Old tv show marathon (ours or theirs)
- Watch some movie musicals
Play in sprinkler:and used it to make a slippery water slide! *Go to culture festival (Scottish, Irish, Greek, etc.): we loved the Greek festival food, as always!
- *Go to Renaissance festival
- *Go to zoo
- Stargazing at observatory
- Celebrate 4th of July
Celebrate Solstice:they stayed up "all night," which was midnight for Sis and about an hour later for Bud. I even played Mario Kart with them at midnight. Celebrate Mama's birthday: a weekend of take-out meals and movies!
- Birthday party for kids: coming soon, Minions movie birthday party.
- *Go to nature center
- *Go to aquarium
- *Go to bird festvial
- Try a new craft/art project
Decorate chalkboard for summer:we started our own mini-drawings of Awesome Summer Things.
- Learn to cook weekly dinners
- Make ice cube candles
- Make soap
- Activity kit day
- Host a sleepover with friends.
Learn how to clean bathrooms:Bud earned a ticket for this already--on his own initiation!
- Learn how to work washer/dryer
- Make popsicles.
- Hang pictures.
Learn an ASL sign a day (or more)
- Learn some computer coding using Scratch
Make shrub for 4th of July
- Make friendship bread starter and share
Photos with public art around town ("benching," Bud called it)
- Make homemade virgin pina coladas
- Make blankets for cat shelter
- Learn a new game
- Learn a new magic/card trick
- *Go letterboxing or geocaching locally
Attend friends' Friday Night Dance Party:for first one, the kids swam and tried "kiddy crack" (butter-cinnamon-sugar spread on graham crackers)
- Start afternoon tea party tradition ("Tea Tuesdays")
Explore new music genres together ("Music Mondays"): we started with the 80s.
- Practice making lemon curd and clotted cream
- Research places to go in England, etc
Purge and donate toys and books
- Pajamas day
- No electricity day
- Do a 1000 piece puzzle
- Kite flying
- Wash car
- Buy new couches?
- Community service project (volunteer with cats?)
- Do nothing special
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Summer Fun Update
It's only been a week, but we're off to a good start with our list. Though, in fairness, we did a few before school was even out.