Thursday, June 4, 2015

Kidbits

Bud was in a bit of trouble with me the other day and felt quite put upon, taking refuge in his room.  I was seated on the couch downstairs when I heard his iPod, which he'd repositioned in the stairwell so I could hear it.

"No good deed goes unpunished," sang out the lyrics from Wicked.

Ah, clever boy.  I couldn't help but smile.

Later, Mama asked what the good deeds might have been.  Bud would have said it was his honest mistake that got him in hot water.

Later that night, after hashing it out with Mama, he played from his iPod loudly, "Close every door to me, hide all the world from me . . . " the song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat when he mourns his imprisonment.

Well, I'll say this, the boy has his Mama's sense of lyrics!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sis was complaining yesterday that she didn't have anything to read.  We have hundreds of books, but she goes through them so quickly.  She'd started and finished my last recommendation, Island of the Blue Dolphins, in less than a day.  So I suggested Little Women, one of my favorites.

Later, she came downstairs.  "Mom, I'm not reading that.  It's boring.  They just sit around knitting and not doing anything!!"

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment