Friday, January 15, 2016

Comfort

Some sadness this week, but things keep going.

I'm working on a lovely, bright afghan, with tiny (for me) DK yarn, so it takes a long time.  But the colors make me smile.

I'm playing withe my WT starter kit and the samples, also looking up recipes.  I love to cook and even more, I love to read recipes.  Sure, I like cookbooks with stories better, but these are fun, too.  The kids have even liked two of them this week--a Honey Balsamic Chicken and an Apple Balsamic Pork (each one is vinegar + sweetness + flavorings + protein in slow cooker for 6-8 hours on LOW.)

I'm also bingeing on "X-Files" episodes, getting ready for the new show in a few weeks.  I forget how much I like it--and it's aged pretty well.  Love Scully.

All of which is to say, I'm taking it easy, just like the doctor said.  And with an early dismissal today and a holiday Monday, it's a nice, slow weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment