Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Rise Up: The King
It seems silly, but I had forgotten all about King Arthur Flour as I prepared for my bread pledge. Okay, not the actual flour, which I have in AP (all-purpose flour), whole wheat, bread, organic cake, and organic AP varieties, or even the cookbooks, of which I have the companion and the whole grain tomes, but the website, with its recipes, blog, and shop. I ended up there this morning as I was researching baguette pans and La Cloche, which is a rectangular, lidded, ceramic baking pan for traditional loaves. Ooooooh! I love that site. And it is going to be a huge help for me over the next 40 days (maybe I should add a counter?! It's more like 38 now). Immediately, I found several cracker recipes for when our current stash is gone--one that uses AP flour to make simple soda crackers but also a gourmet one that calls for Italian 00 flour. Wouldn't I love to play with that, maybe even make some DOC-inspired Neapolitan pizza like we had in DC? But I didn't order that. Yet. I did, however, buy a simple baguette pan because Sis is very attached to the long loaf (the ceramic baker, while attractive, was almost triple the price). And I'll be trying their baguette recipe as soon as the pan gets here. See, I knew this pledge would be more fun that drudge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A nice baguette pan is a great place to begin. I love our recipes on the blog for this wonderful bread. It is true making great bread is always fun and rewarding. JMD @KAF
ReplyDelete