Friday, September 26, 2008

A Week of Changes

So, it's been a week of change: first, the tv ended up in the basement; then we cut up our credit cards (except one each for emergencies, to be kept NOT in my purse, just another way to cut spending in these uncertain financial times); we have been substantially cutting down on laundry because our dryer is still broken and Sears won't be here until next week (it's under warranty, luckily); and I have a new plan--one dish per person and you must wash your own! I read about it in a magazine. Some lady with 8 kids always had a pile of dishes in the sink and a fight on her hands to get someone to do it. So they each got one bowl-like plate that they decorated with their names and each is in charge of washing his or her own. I'm not going to take it quite that far but I did have the kiddos wash their own plates along with their hands today. And they loved it!! I think we might have something here. Maybe I'll invest in a fun sponge with the soap in the handle--this will also save soap. They've always loved playing in the water in the sink. Time to turn fun into usefulness. Getting older sucks, right? Yeah, but already being older and figuring these things out is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment