Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's Like Christmas in September

I just waded through three huge bags of hand-me-downs for Buddy, having gone through two bags for Sis about a week ago. It's like Santa left his huge gift sack at the house. Now, as you know, I'm not much of a clothes horse, either for me or the kids, but I really LOVE getting bags of clothes because a). I LOVE not having to shop b). it's always such cute stuff and usable too c). it's very green to reduce our purchases and reuse still-wearable stuff. And we're the recipients of lots of it because they're smaller than most of their friends and, with one of each gender, I can use anything.

We've given away clothes, bags and bags of boys and girls things, to the point that we have almost nothing in the basement now for all the little babies and toddlers behind us. But, come 3T-4T, I'll have tons of things for them. That is, if they don't pass us in size before we can pass it along! (This happened to one of our earlier clothes Santas--her daughter is small, though older, and Sis caught up). Gotta pay it forward. I do have some reserves in the basement, not for a future member of the family, but to keep memories of their babyhood with us. But, I think even our very generous clothes Santas have these stashes.

So, thank you very much to the clothes Santas in our lives! The kids will look great this fall (and spring and even summer) because of you. You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment