Here's the latest, as I know it:
- Ar-Gong's angiogram went as well as possible. He has one arterial spasm (not the medical term) and two minor blockages (so minor that stents won't work--too big a hole??). So, he has to rest there a few more hours and then go home, with some prescriptions. We're glad things went well.
- Our little friend, as far as I know, is still in the hospital, mainly because he can't keep anything down.
- My parents are hunkering down for the hurricane which looks terrible. The National Hurricane Center warned residents of Galveston (my parents are far away in NW Houston, near the airport) that if they stay they will die. That's a pretty incredible warning, but then 8,000 people died in Galveston in the 1900 storm. They're predicting storm surge of 15-20', which is over the tops of most coastal houses.
On the Weather Channel a few minutes ago, a reporter in the field at Surfside Beach seemed almost surrounded by water. He pointed out that all the houses are on stilts and all had lots of water under them several hours ago. He said that he had been told that one family decided not to leave and were going to remain there through the storm. "That is just plain stupid!" he said. Tell us how you really feel. But, I must say I most assuredly agree with his pronouncement.
ReplyDelete