It's actually looking pretty good, but I've noticed, despite being the same number of stitches on each side, it's skewing crooked, more trapezoid than square. I don't know if this is my yarn tension or the minute size difference between 3 double crochets straight up vs. on their side. Or maybe I've made a mistake I can't find. Who knows. I guess we'll have to see with the final blanket. And edging can hide all manner of ills.But I love the way the colors of the variegated Lion Brand Homespun Ocean are striping--it almost looks like a wave.
If it comes out well enough, it is for a friend whose father died a few months back.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Giant Mitered Granny Square Afghan
I'm not great at writing patterns, esp Round 3, 4, and 5.
K hook
Lion Brand Homespun Ocean
Rnd 1: Ch 4, join with sl st to first ch made to form ring. Ch 5 (counts as 1 dc + 2 chs),
*work 3 dc in ring, ch 2, rep from *twice more, work 2 dc in ring; join with a sl st to
3rd ch of beg ch-5. (four ch-2 corners) DO NOT TURN WORK.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sl st into next ch-2 sp, ch 5, work 3 dc in this ch-2 sp, *ch 1
(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 sp, rep from * twice more, work 2 dc in final ch-2
sp (which is right beside the beg ch-5); join with sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch-5. Ch 3.
Rnd 3: 3 dc in same space; 3 dc in the space between the 2 groups of 3 dc of the previous row; 3dc, ch2, 3dc in next ch 3 corner space; 3 dc in the space between 3 dc; dc and then ch3 in the next last space. Turn.
Rnd 4: 3 dc in space between 2 groups of 3 dc of previous row; 3 dc in each space until corner; in corner space, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc; 3 dc between groups until end space between 3 dc; and then ch 3 in last space (between chain and 3 dc below). Turn.
Rnd 5 etc: Work Rnd 3 and 4 repeatedly as if these are rows, turning at ends with ch 3 and working 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc at corner. Finish off.
Edge with favorite pattern.
Adapted from Crochet Again
No comments:
Post a Comment