Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hey Ho

Undeterred by my nerves at my piano recital, I'm still taking lessons.  And learning a new skill!  Up to now, I've been reading music, your typical piano sheet music with treble and bass clefs.  I have dabbled with fake books, where they give you the melodies and the chords are noted above.  Now I'm learning the opposite--I have a chord sheet for "Ho Hey" by the Lumineers, so that I play the chords and either sing or pick out the melody on my own.  It'll help me learn my chords well, especially having to invert them.  I don't really have an ear to pick out the melody myself so we'll have to see what happens.  But I'm excited about the challenge.

Especially because the next recital is almost seven months away and I won't be playing and singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment