So I'm not posting much, especially this busy birthday week. In the last few days, we've
- visited our church friend, who is undergoing cancer treatment (Sis loved her garden and brought home "money plant" seeds!)
- taken Sis to the doctor for her 5-day old cough, which is likely bronchialitis; we'll go back next week for meds if it continues
- gardened a few times, trying to prune plants that suffered in the heat, redirected the spiderwort, and watered everything
- baked "birthday brownies"
- designed with perler beads
- drawn mandalas
- played Legos, chess, checkers, Brave
- watched the kids perform a stop-action Phineas and Ferb movie
- experimented with oil, water, sugar, and colors
- decorated the bathtub with new tub crayons
- visited the adoptable kittens at the local pet food store
- had swim lessons
- eaten out
- discovered that the kids will eat homemade quesadillas!
- gone shopping
- watched Mulan
- watched "A Taste of History"--Sis was fascinated to see the chef behind City Tavern, where we ate in Philly
- had babysitter time
- visited with neighbors
- talked to family on the phone
And I'm sure there's more. Though, funny, none of those were on the "summer fun" list. I'll try to remember the most interesting things so I can tell you about them.
My kids love homemade quesadillas! What a nice summer you guys are having!
ReplyDelete