Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bread Fail

It was a teachable moment on Monday:  I carefully popped the steaming loaf of fragrant banana bread out of its pan and flipped it upright when the entire center gave way--the insides were raw!  I had baked it, 15 minutes more than suggested, and even tested it for doneness twice, clean bamboo skewer!  I still don't know what happened--I guess a pocket of it didn't bake.

With Sis keening her lost banana bread, I popped what I could back in the pan, baked it another 30 minutes, and called it banana bread pudding.  All's well that ends well--we finished it off this morning!

1 comment:

  1. Same thing happens to me every time. I started making my banana bread in an 8x8 or a 9x13. It cooks throughly with it being thinned out. I always eat the part that's not cooked all the way. It's yummy no matter what and next time I'll call it banana bread pudding!

    ReplyDelete