Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Rock On!
Mama Teacher and CJ came for a visit today, a spur-of-the-moment playdate on what should have been the first day of school. And the three kids had a dance party, with CJ yelling, "Rock on!" and playing air guitar. Then he requested AC/DC! So Bud put on . . . "Shakalaka Baby" from the Broadway musical, Bombay Dreams. Yeah, we don't have much rock-n-roll here. But it's kinda embarrassing that he merely equated it with a fast beat. We'll have to work on that (not that I'm an expert--I can't name a single AC/DC song! I was an 80s pop gal.). So I got him to put on "Dynamite" which had them all moving, as did Rent's "Today for You." CJ invented a new move, what we called "the angel" because it looked like he was making snow angels on the ground. Then Sis started rolling around in a tucked position--"the snowball!" Rock on, dancing fiends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment