Sunday, August 21, 2011

Things to Do For School

1. Bus route--checked; unfortunately, none of their bus pals from last year are on their bus this year

2. Homework--finished, though I actually thought I'd thrown it away for about 3 days. Talk about panic.

3. Bedtime and wake up shifted--oh, no, not yet. In fact, it seems to be going the wrong way.

4. Morning routine chart--all in my mind. Wondering what time the bus will be here.

5. Uniforms--last year's have been tried on and still fit! They just need a freshening wash.

6. Breakfast options--tested, but they didn't like any of the options.

7. Central location for backpacks--probably the same as last year, which is wherever they drop them.

8. Sign reminding everyone what to take--we'll make this once we know what day library is

9. Lunch ideas--oh, I have lots of ideas, but none of them will be eaten, I'm sure. At least we have the little Laptop Lunch boxes.

10. Snack ideas--ditto.

11. Notes for lunches--have the notecards and stamps.

12. Schultute and good luck poster for first day of school--Mama was getting the little school gifts today but the kids wanted to go with her to the store. Who wants to bet they come home with Legos?

14. Homework chart--waiting to see what the assignments look like; they'll have about 15 minutes of homework a night (only M-Th), by BoE policy.

15. Bedtime routine chart--pretty sure we'll need to move bedtime, but the routine will be the same, with lots of reading and SQUIRT time.

16. Email to the teacher--I like to email the teachers in advance to say hi. And tell them that the kiddos have two mommies. Don't want any weird surprises the first day of school.

That'll keep me busy for 10 days. Especially because I didn't mention any of the fun things we want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment