Saturday, August 13, 2011

Solitary Saturday

The kids and Mama have headed to see Ma, Gong, and Goo in the city, particularly to have dim sum and go to the beach, perhaps catching the ice cream truck this afternoon.

I am home alone. Of course, this isn't an unusual situation for me--between school, camp, nannies and babysitters--but something about it being a Saturday makes it special.
  • I've purged magazines while watching through backlogged episodes of "David Rocco's La Dolce Vita;"
  • read some of the NYTimes, but really can't bear to hear about Rick Perry or the Tea Party or the GOP, which leaves little left to peruse;
  • rearranged the fridge magnets (okay, that just sounds pitiful, but they needed a purging) while listening to Broadway showtunes;
  • sorted and trashed and saved various papers from the end of the school year (getting teary as I looked at their worksheets from the beginning of the year when they were learning letters);
  • walked on my treadmill while reading through two UU Church of the Larger Fellowship tracts (one on grace, more on that later);
  • prepared lunch--a big salad and a prepackaged risotto entree (that's going well--I've lost 5 lbs this week, probably a lot of water weight);
  • and, now I'm blogging while watching an old "Glee."
And I still have about 5+ hours until they get home. I have some more sorting/cleaning/straightening to do (I paused midway to protect my back). Other than that, there's Italian, working on the historic house curriculum, and . . .

. . . The phone just rang and Mama Teacher is coming over. Off to put some coffee in the freezer for an afternoon chat!

It's shaping up to be a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment