Sunday, August 7, 2011
Under the Basement Stairs
Our kiddos have a new favorite story: The Secrets of Droon. Recommended by Babysitter from her own childhood, the 40-book series follows three "Upper World" friends on their adventures in Middle-Earth-like Droon, the portal to which is in the basement. We've read and listened on CD to six of the books, which have also been recreated in Legos and acted out in dramatic play. Sis is, of course, the heroine Princess Keeah and Bud likes to be the wizard Galen Longbeard. I'm always the mom, once a cursed white falcon, named Queen Relna. I haven't followed all the books--I read the first two but Gommie and Pop heard the others in the car--and so am confused by Ninns and Groggles and evil Lord Spaar and the hidden entrance to the castle in the volcano. But, if you know Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, you can extrapolate and get along fine. Which is good because I'm not sure I can keep up for 34 more books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment