I don't remember Pop every playing games when I was a kid. Organized games, that is; he'd play "the old gray horse" or "alligator gets the baby" and the like. But last night, he played charades with all of us. By the end, the kids were doing all the animals, flopping all over regardless of the animal--and you know it's hard when you can't tell a hippo from a bear--except the hoppers, which all seemed a lot like frogs, even if they were bunnies or kangaroos. I got all the objects, which could be performed from my spot on the couch. Of course, we've played charades so much that the kids know all the words. Which does make acting out or guessing "knitting" and such easier. Sometimes it feels like charades on speed . . . .
Gommie's also played all manner of card game, including something called "kings in the corner," their favorite "P-I-G," Slap Jack, Old Maid, etc. They've also played Operation, Connect Four, Qwirkle. And outside, there's been the Ladder Ball game Gommie brought, which was dangerous at first with those hard balls flying around the yard, but Sis particularly got pretty good. And then, not long before Gommie and Pop left, there was a boisterous game of Hide and Seek, with the kids moving around instead of staying in one place as Gommie circle the house.
We'll keep playing games now that Gommie and Pop are gone, but it's just not quite as much fun without them . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment