We've been outside without coats and have played longer in the yard, which is only under not-quite white snow in the back.
And I'm still daydreaming about my garden.
I don't usually think of spring as a particularly food-oriented time, as spring vegetables and summer fruits are still a long ways off. But as I began to think of the next two months, I realized there are at least a few foods I like to make: something for Mardi Gras (we're opting for jambalaya this year because we think the kids will eat rice), all the traditional foods for St. Patrick's Day like corned beef and cabbage, colcannon, and soda bread, perhaps a clafouti for Spring Equinox, and then a huge meal at Easter, including ham, macaroni and cheese, and our traditional Citrus Marmalade Cake, among other dishes.
Yep, I have spring fever bad this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment