Sis was rearing to get started with the cooking. "That's what I'm best at!" she declared, falling it up with something about eating chocolate a la the cranberry-fudge pie (and I think, in the end, that's what she actually meant she was best at, not cooking).
And so it has begun. Mama and Sis worked on the dressing while Bud started building "hidden houses" out of Lincoln Logs all around the house for Ma, Gong, and Goo to find when they arrive in about an hour.
We talked to Gommie briefly and are glad she'll be having a good day with the new baby and parents. Lots to be thankful for.
I realized we didn't have enough yams and so Mama, foreseeing my annual Thanksgiving breakdown on its way, has promised to go out. The tears came on schedule--she reminds me that I always cry on Thanksgiving--from being a bit homesick, from feeling like there was so much to do, and, this year anyway, from not being able to do much of it.
Yams will help.
So will some mindfulness.
No comments:
Post a Comment