- The yellow leaves are gone. Now there are bright red trees. Fall didn't seem to happen all at once this year. Or it's just the first year I've been out so much (210 minutes of walking outside a week!). Yesterday, our yard guys came and cleaned up all the yellow leaves. Last night's storm knocked down all the red ones, which I guess will be with us til spring! But the yard is beautiful in its crimson cloak. At least there are more leaves. The kids were bummed to see their yellow piles disappear.
- Bud has realized that school is permanent. On Monday morning, he cried about going, preferring to stay home with me to play. And then the moment passed and he got ready to go and had a good time.
- School is taking it out of them. They hold it together really well there--do their work, follow directions, cooperate with others--and then come home and pummel each other. When they aren't playing divinely.
- Daisy Scouts continues. Oddly, I feel weird blogging about that. And so haven't. Not sure why, exactly. Sis likes it and Bud continues to want to join. And nothing seems to substitute.
- I had breakfast with Mommy Goose today. It was great to catch up after what seems like too long. And it wasn't even all gossip or bitching! Though it was pretty much all kids.
- I got to know one of my neighbors better last night, when after 8 years of saying we would, we had coffee together. She's delightful.
- My bursitis is improving and I'm driving some, though it's still the hardest thing to do, much harder than sitting on the couch drinking coffee. The rest of my back is quiet right now.
- The squirrels are chunky this year. And a red-tailed hawk has been bothering the parrots who live nearby and keep swarming to distract it.
- I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. It really has all begun. I know, we've all said it, but where has the time gone? The kids have even made Christmas lists! December is packed with activities. And the planning (and stress and emotion) of it all has begun.
- Mama's cold is improving, I think. And now I've got it. I think.
- I talk to Mama Teacher everyday on her drive home. It's a (sometimes!) sane call into our wild afternoons.
- The family store isn't really working anymore. But losing DSi privileges does. Even though I admit as I type that how much I dislike parenting-through-punishment-and-reward.
- Reading interesting articles on line sometimes, including mindfulness for Thanksgiving, a poet's exploration of death and dying (plus several other posts on similar topics), saying yes, lentils, drinking water. You know, I really ought to do a links list soon (because I'm not even sure when I'll add the links to this bullet).
- Divorce seems to be in the air for some of my friends and neighbors. Haven't given divorce as an occurrence much thought, not having known too many families who've gone through it, and no peers. I've seen several articles on it recently too. And have just been contemplating it in an abstract kind of way. (No worries, Mama and I are just fine, which is why perhaps I'm so curious about relationships that aren't.)
- Aunt Banana's baby will be here soon, give or take. I had thought to write the mother of all mothering posts (for this blog, anyway) but realize that my advice is so particular to me and to Mama and to twins and to our experience and personalities and situation. Everyone is different and we all do the best we can under the circumstances. I try not to judge (except when I do. Sigh.) She said "adaptability" will be her motto; that works. No "if I knew then what I know now" from me. So I'll just wish them good labor and a homecoming soon!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
It's Wednesday
I've been trying to think of lofty posts or even something interesting. But I'm coming up with nada. Not that anything is wrong. It's just mostly very usual. Remarkable in its unremarkableness. Some random thoughts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment