Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010: Let the Live Blogging Begin!

I had forgotten, until Mama Teacher asked, that I usually "live blog" Thanksgiving. And so I'll do a bit (not sure if that was a request or just an inquiry, Mama Teacher!). Recipes are either here or below.

Sis and Bud helped us make two cranberry sauces earlier today, the basic orange juice/sugar one a la Martha Stewart and the horseradish/sour cream one a la NPR. We had our traditional take-out Chinese meal after kung fu (we always seem to have take out on Thanksgiving eve) and then headed upstairs. The kids were almost too excited to sleep, wanting Thanksgiving now--in fact, they are still awake an hour after tuck in.

Now Mama and I are full on in pie mode, with a graham cracker crust perfuming the kitchen as it cools for Cranberry-Fudge Pie and the pecan pie in process. Which means, Pop, that the vast supply of Karo syrup that you noticed in August is running low!

Oh, and there's that warm strawberry jello smell too.

Not sure what else is on our plate for tonight. A little more cooking, a little more cleaning.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment