Today is shopping day for the Hungry household, in preparation for Thursday's feast. Mama and the kids hit one store this morning; Mama's at another this afternoon. We're scaling back the size of the feast somewhat, if only to make it easier on us in my "diminished capacity" (Mama has also begged me not to bake "too much" this season because it's hard on the back; I acquiesced . . . by roping her into helping!). But that doesn't mean we aren't having a proper festive meal. Here's what we're planning (everything is homemade, at least partially, unless noted), not including the Swedish Apple Pie and coconut-curry rice I'm taking to church tomorrow:
- roasted nuts
- brie en croute (pre-packaged)
- turkey (from our farm, probably gobbling as I type!)
- gravy
- dressing
- rolls (new recipe: Parker House, from scratch, in bread machine)
- green bean casserole
- sweet potato casserole
- baked sweet potatoes
- rice
- cranberry sauce (one in the can; two homemade, probably)
- strawberry jello (does this count as homemade if I add boiling water?)
- pecan pie
- cranberry-fudge pie (new recipe from KAF)
- pumpkin pie (frozen)
You should've seen the list before we scaled back!
No comments:
Post a Comment