Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cake Talk

This weekend is my second cake-decorating class.  But I'm already have delusions of grandeur for the birthday cake I'll make for the kids this summer.  The theme is animals (yes, again) and I have several possibilities.  Here they are:

  • circle cake with 3-D icing-piped animal figures
  • shaped cake of animal face(s)
  • circle cake with iced sugar cookie animal figures in habitat (green grass?)
  • circle cake with flat piped animal figures (based on cookie cutter shapes) in grass
  • circle cake with plastic animal figures in grass
I guess it'll depend on how well my meager skills progress in the next few weeks.  You saw the last cake, for my mother's day post, a sad, melting, overly sweet confection that I had lots of "help" with.  I didn't like the cake; I loved the cake.  But I'm doing the next one by myself, with different recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment