Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Strawberries On My Mind

"What did Miss Mama Teacher bring us, Mom?" Sis asked spying the Tupperware on the table.

Mama Teacher is getting a head start on cake decorating practice by making strawberry cupcakes.  And my kiddos gave them rave reviews.   In words even, instead of just by eating them.  Which you might remember, they rarely do of baked goods.  But Bud ate all the cake and frosting.  Sis did too.  And she even said the cupcakes were fantastic.  Bud said that his cloud was raining "Mama Teacher" (weird?  We often talk about what our clouds are raining, inspired by the "if all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops" song.  Sometimes we choose food, sometimes we choose . . . well, about anything.) Anyway, it wa sa good thing.

So, I've decided on my Mother's Day cake which we will bake Friday morning before playgroup and then decorate Friday afternoon (before another playgroup--yes, Fridays are very busy these days).   It's going to be a vanilla cake with red jimmies baked in the batter to make polka dots (hmmm, or I could color some of the batter with food coloring), with strawberry jam filling and a strawberry buttercream icing, very much like Mama Teacher's cupcakes today.  Sis will love the pink; Bud will love the strawberries.  I'm more of a chocolate fan so I won't eat too much of it.

All good.

1 comment: