Thursday, May 21, 2009

Taking Care of Mommy

The kids have been wonderful at taking care of me as I get back on my feet.  While I can't say it makes being ill worth it, it's been wonderful to see their compassionate sides come forward.   On Tuesday, they went to the drugstore and picked out presents for me, while waiting for our takeout pizza to be ready.  Sis bought me Diego bubble bath and Bud brought home dominoes to play and we used both of them by the end of the day.  Bud, however, didn't like seeing me just laze around on the couch and stayed nearby me, saying he had a tummyache too.  He brought blankets so we could cuddle up together under them.  The next day, Sis brought breakfast to me in bed, "marmayade" sandwiches (with butter on white bread, just like Paddington bear)--yum--but didn't want to wait for the tea to steep to bring that too.  And today, they've adapted games so that I can play without moving around too much--lots of playing restaurant with them delivering menus and serving food (pizza and pie).  Each day, I feel better--and I know it's because they've been such good little caretakers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment