Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Three's (Dinner for) Company

Another month, another Wildtree slow cooker workshop!  Yep, I've been to three in as many months. But you know I love cooking with a Crockpot and I like my Wildtree rep friends and their products.

It's been hit or miss, recently, though.  None of us liked the Hoisin Chicken Wraps.  Maybe because we're used to Chinatown hoisin.  Sis loves the WT Rancher's Steak Rub on roasted potatoes or even roasted broccoli.   And we've eaten several of the WT Big Meatloaves.

And now, I've had a hit with Chicken Tacos!  I thought Sis would balk at the visible tomatoes . . . but at least I didn't add the can of black beans that the original calls for!  And we love cheddar cheese and taco shells.  I can even see this as a meal I could take to someone in need.

-=-=-=-=-

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos a la Wildtree


1 1/2 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1⁄2 medium onion, diced or 1 tablespoon dried shallots
15 oz can of diced tomatoes

12 oz frozen corn
2 tablespoons Wildtree Spicy Carne Asada Seasoning 
1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice (provided at workshop)
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 cup water 


Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.  Serve, perhaps using slotted spoon, in taco shells with all the fixings.

adapted from Wildtree Pollo Asada (rice bowls)


Big Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef or sweet Italian sausage
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup oatmeal or WT meatloaf packet
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
ketchup for the top

Combine first six ingredients (I do add a squirt or two of ketchup to the mix.)  Top with ketchup, barbecue sauce, or even slices of bacon.  Bake at 350F for approximately an hour, until internal temperature reaches 165F.

Note:  kids might like chunks of cheddar cheese in the mix.  This would also work as meatballs or mini-meatloaves.

adapted from Wildtree Just Like Mom's Meatloaf Packet

No comments:

Post a Comment