Thursday, December 10, 2015

Bittersweet

It was a bittersweet morning doing Christmas cards.  I keep a long spreadsheet of addressees and like looking over it, even if I've lost touch with many of the people and no longer send cards.  I took the radical step of paring down my list considerably; just don't feel the need to send cards to so many anymore, which makes the task more pleasurable.

But this year, it wasn't quite a pleasing walk down memory lane:  two people I've sent cards to for years died since last Christmas, my beloved Aunt Sis and my friend Sunny.  Sad not to write their names on an envelope and send them holiday wishes.

I'll keep their names on the list so that I can remember them at this time each year.  And I know it will sting a little less each year, but this morning it was hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment