Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Deja Vu

It's happening again:  the minister of our new UU church, the church we officially joined just a few weeks ago, is leaving to pursue a wonderful new opportunity.

I'm devastated because I had so looked forward to getting to know her, having been inspired by the dedication, compassion, and intelligence that she so clearly exhibited from the pulpit.

And I just don't know if I can go through another congregational upheaval.  It ruined so much about our last church for us.

I'm just sad.  But I wish her the very best and know she'll be wonderful wherever she goes.

2 comments:

  1. I have a long dead ancestor who was a minister in Church of Scotland at one church for over 30 years, too long in my opinion, now they move them around every 2 years which I think is a bit short but does mean that the minister does not get liked too much or disliked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sorry. I know how upsetting it was for you last time. And to have it happen again! That just stinks.

    ReplyDelete