Tuesday, March 27, 2012

1,700 Miles and What Do You Get?

"Another day older and deeper in debt."

You can also get from Houston to Connecticut.

Which is exactly what Gommie and Pop are doing:  driving here!  They leave Houston soon and will be in CT by Good Friday, with numerous fun stops along the way (I know about the one in TN, but I think they're doing Gettysburg either coming or going).  Pop is even talking big about heading to Acadia National Park, though we keep telling him that, while it's warm in Texas (mid-80s warm, as I understand it), it's not quite the tourist season in New England yet (usually by the beginning of May or even Memorial Day, just like in Door County, WI).

If they tell me, I'll keep you updated on their progress--but sometimes they go incommunicado on these long drives. I think Pop likes disappearing--he has always been attracted to the folklore of the free and wandering hobo.  Though, Gommie has a smartphone now and we all know the allure of those!

We wish them a safe and enjoyable drive and hope they are not too tired to enjoy Easter and spring break when they get here.

'Cos Bud wants to play basketball and Sis wants to go horseback riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment