by Anonymous
I'm glad the sky is
painted blue,
and the earth is painted
green,
with such a lot of nice
fresh air,
all sandwiched in
between.
Mud by Polly Chase Boyden
Mud is very nice to feel
All squishy-squash
between the toes!
I'd rather wade in
wiggly mud
Than smell a yellow
rose.
Nobody else but the
rosebush knows
How nice mud feels
Between the toes.
Rain Clouds by Elizabeth-Ellen Long
Along a road
Not built by man
There winds a silent
Caravan
Of camel-clouds
Whose humped gray backs
Are weighted down
With heavy packs
Of long-awaited,
Precious rain
To make the old earth
Young again,
And dress her shabby
Fields and hills
In green grass silk
With wild-flower frills.
Good-by My Winter Suit by N.M. Bodecker
Good-by my winter suit,
good-by my hat and boot,
good-by my
ear-protecting muffs
and storms that hail and
hoot.
Farewell to snow and
sleet,
farewell to Cream of
Wheat,
farewell to ice-removing
salt
and slush around my feet
Right on! to daffodils,
right on! to
whippoorwills,
right on! to
chirp-producing eggs
and baby birds and
quills.
The day is on the wing,
the kite is on the
string,
the sun is where the sun
should be--
it's spring all right!
It's spring!
Spring by Karla Kuskin
I'm shouting
I'm singing
I'm swinging through
trees
I'm winging sky-high
With the buzzing black
bees.
I'm the sun
I'm the moon
I'm the dew on the rose.
I'm a rabbit
Whose habit
Is twitching his nose.
I'm lively
I'm lovely
I'm kicking my heels
I'm crying "Come
dance"
to the freshwater eels
I'm racing through
meadows
Without any coat
I'm a gamboling lamb
I'm a light leaping goat
I'm a bud
I'm a bloom
I'm a dove on the wing.
I'm running on rooftops
And welcoming spring!
I Like "Spring" and "Mud"
ReplyDelete