Trying something new tonight to combat a sense of sadness and ennui--friends are sad (death in the family, work, family, etc.), church is in an uproar to the point that our minister will probably leave, my bronchitis lingers, I'm going to miss tomorrow's anniversary dinner at the restaurant because we are without a babysitter, I shoveled a dead squirrel off the road in front of our house before the kids got home and knew it was one of "our squirrels," plus wider concerns about Japan and Libya--so I'm making a very simple
Coconut Curried Lentils. It won't win me any awards for complexity, but it will for speed and novelty. I'm hoping that it, ladled over some steaming rice, will do the trick nicely tonight.
Wishing my friends who read this a big heaping and steaming bowl of comfort!
-=-=-=-=-=-
My Coconut Curried Lentils
1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and sorted
2 cups water
1 can coconut milk
1 tablespoon curry powder
salt to taste
Simmer lentils in water for 15 minutes, until almost tender. Add curry powder and coconut milk and simmer another 15 minutes. Serve over rice.
Mommy Hungry
sounds delish and comforting. my thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeletexoK-