I've read Mama Teacher's posts on filling them out.
But until Friday, I had not been the parent responsible for signing one.
Or two.
And it wasn't what I expected.
First, I totally forgot. Even after I'd been told by a friend that the reports were in backpacks that very afternoon.
Then, the kids couldn't have cared less, even when I waved the cards at them. "Is that the school news?" Bud wondered. "Oh, don't forget to sign that. You have to return the envelope but you can keep the white sheet."
"I won't forget. It's about how you're doing in school. Would you like to hear more?"
"No thanks," they said in unison.
Of course, I looked long before they did. Nothing unexpected; all good. I mean, they're in kindergarten, so it's not like high school GPAs.
I practically had to strong arm them on Monday morning to hear about it before turning in the signed cards. So I sat them down and read the kind and encouraging teacher comments. The kids looked vaguely pleased but mostly nonplussed. Even when they heard that they were doing pretty much everything they were supposed to. Then they went off to play.
If only report cards could always be that easy.
I just need to quit trying to make it hard . . . .
yup.
ReplyDelete:-)