Since then he's been very curious about my recovery. Once Gommie arrived, with her broken foot in a boot, he had other questions, "Is it worse to hurt your back or break your foot?"
Well, I know which I'd choose.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Mama's Magic Trunk has been busy recently, especially the first five days I was injured, before we had reinforcements. And one morning, when I said something about buying a present for Mama Teacher and for Gommie and Pop, "Presents for everyone!"
Sis squealed, "Yay!!!!"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sis has been proudly wandering around helping with everything, doing things independently, "I'm a kindergartener now!"
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Sometimes Sis and Gommie have trouble understanding each other, to humorous effect. Gommie thought Sis said, "My shoes are last in autumn," when she said, "My shoes are icky on the bottom." When talking about the movie Kiki's Delivery Service, Gommie thought Sis said, "Kitty's Slippery Surface." Sis thinks this is hilarious and has told everybody.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
We've been doing a lot of things upstairs on my big bed. Beyond the usual tv-watching at rest time, we've played with knights and castles, drawn all sorts of pictures, cut out snowflakes and paper dolls, and even eaten dinner. Yep, we've been picnicking upstairs. And Sis, with her amazing memory, recalled that the last time we ate upstairs, we had cookies while watching the inauguration of President Obama!
Bud calls all of this "life on a bed."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
One day, entertaining themselves in the living room, Sis and Bud invented "goosh," an imaginary, sticky, muddy, stinky-like-a-skunk substance that kids could get stuck in if they didn't spread blankets and pillows all over the floor to hop from spot to spot. The carpet was the goosh in "Gooshytown." Cats and adults were immune. Then there was a Gooshymonster, Gommie or me, who could spray goosh at kids as they ran by; only velvet capes could protect them. I'd say they spent two hours jumping around the house. Goosh is even better than mud!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
When I told Sis and Bud that a friend was coming over today to help with bus drop-off and lunch, Bud astutely inquired, "Is she here to talk to you or to play with us?"
Touche.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Meeting the kids at the bus stop, I saw how hot they were. "Did the bus make you hot?"
"No, Mom," Bud replied, "the weather did."
"Life on a Bed"...sounds like a good book title!
ReplyDelete