As I try to spend more time moving, most of my meditation these days takes the form of walking medtiation--I have had enough of lying down and just can't yet sit. This morning was beautiful, cool at 61F with a breeze wiggling the green leaves in the maples that form a tunnel through which I walk. But there is one tree in our neighborhood that is already turning colors, just a little bit, at the top, where the tree faces east. It's always the first tree, probably because it is the tallest and first to greet the morning light and thus first to realize that the days are growing shorter.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Meditation Pledge: Falling for Fall
As I try to spend more time moving, most of my meditation these days takes the form of walking medtiation--I have had enough of lying down and just can't yet sit. This morning was beautiful, cool at 61F with a breeze wiggling the green leaves in the maples that form a tunnel through which I walk. But there is one tree in our neighborhood that is already turning colors, just a little bit, at the top, where the tree faces east. It's always the first tree, probably because it is the tallest and first to greet the morning light and thus first to realize that the days are growing shorter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment