- Celebrate July 4th--all weekend
- Go to cultural festival--Scottish games
- Make ice cream--today, from the NYTimes, a basic vanilla--soo good!! Reminded me of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla, my gold standard (sadly not available up here). I also made the chocolate ganache
- Have a barbecue--okay, campfire, but I'm counting it
- See fireworks--from the car, driving through town
- Have a dance party--Bud even danced the Sailor's Hornpipe
- Make a favorite meal--well, not a meal, but Bud and Mama made Ma's Thai cucumber salad
- Do a 1000 piece puzzle--does a 6,000 piece Nano-Neuschwanstein count? They're not quite finished.
- Visit with Miss S--who was so happy to see me; her memory is more noticeably diminished and she covers well, but we still had a great visit.
Not on our list but also accomplished:
- Water fight--twins against me, with hoses. Their battle cry, "Minecraft!" I surrendered
- Have a storybook night--we read several of our favorite storybooks from a long time ago
Whew. Holidays are hard work.
Vanilla Ice Cream a la NYTimes