Dear Goo gave us a homemade jar of pancake mix last weekend, to go with the blackberry syrup he'd given us from the Shenandoah the week before. So Mama made a batch for our Memorial Day breakfast. And they were wonderful! Especially with the syrup. The kids didn't even notice the buckwheat. Thank you so much, Goo.
"Instant" Buckwheat Pancake Mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup buckwheat flour (*you can sub 1 cup AP flour for regular pancakes)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 teaspoons sugar
1/4 cup dried buttermilk (optional)
1 cup mix
1 cup buttermilk (alt: one envelope instant buttermilk + 1 cup milk)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Mix above ingredients together until combined; do not overmix.
2. Heat skillet or griddle over low-medium heat.
3. Pan is ready when a drop of water dances across the surface.
4. Grease pan with butter.
5. Using a ladle, spoon in pancake batter.
6. Allow to cook until bubbles begin to set around edges.
7. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more to allow pancakes to set.