Thursday, May 23, 2013

Separate Bedrooms

I think it's official:  the kids are not roommates anymore.

After an initial spar that had Bud seeking another room, they've stayed separate.  First Sis was upset; then Bud misunderstood that he couldn't have both rooms.  Now, though, they seem to understand and like the separate rooms, even though Bud's is still our library and not quite a real bedroom.  Except it has a bed.

While I'm happy for Sis, especially, who craved her own room and its attendant privacy, and now even for Bud who is excited to have his own independent space, I worry that they won't continue the closeness that until recently was strengthened by their nightly chats.  Even though they've been getting on each other's nerves more recently, they still often make up with giggles, plans, and stories after lights out.

I imagine, though, there comes a time when male-female twins separate some from each other, perhaps sooner, or even more easily than same-gender or identical twins.  I don't know.  But we're definitely at a turning point. It was going to happen sooner or later and it's probably best to do it on their own time schedule.

I'll adjust.

Even if I'll miss having a library space.


No comments:

Post a Comment