Friday, May 17, 2013

A Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful New England spring day and perfect for our school picnic.  Even though they actually call it a barbecue, it's more of a weenie roast, with hot dogs, pasta salad, carrot sticks, watermelon, and the like.  The kids liked the hot dogs; Mama and I munched on cookies I'd brought from the bakery.  We also gave their wonderful teacher a box of cookies (and I got a big platter of them to give all of Sis's gymnastics teachers tomorrow at her recital.)  And, this being a modern suburban picnic, I had a coffee, specifically an "iced grande decaf soy mocha," aka grown-up chocolate milk.    We relaxed on the blankets, talked to the families near us, and then watched the kiddos run around the ball field.  Hard to believe we won't be at this school next year, with its math and multicultural nights, pajama reading event and BBQ picnic.  I know the next school will be equally wonderful, but I'm nostalgic already.  Just like I was when we left our wonderful preschool.   Great teachers, great community, great learning, great support.  We're very lucky to have our village to raise our children.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! I know! My J is off to middle school and I''m excited and terrified all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete